EU-Innovation Network (EU-IN)
EU-IN Introduction and Overview
The mandate of the EU-Innovation Network is to:
- Develop an annual work plan to be agreed upon by the EMA and the HMAs
- Provide the EMA and the HMA with an annual update of the activities undertaken
- Share experience and knowledge; discuss case-studies, with the agreement of the sponsors, to identify challenging issues for emerging innovation and, as appropriate, identify leading experts in innovative fields
- Support the EU-NTC in identifying areas where training may be required to ensure the appropriate capability in the network
- Discuss best practices so that the EU network builds on success and encourages the establishment of innovation contacts points/offices in more regulatory agencies
- Provide for horizon scanning for HMA and EMA for the identification of emerging trends that may require actions by the European Medicines Regulatory Network
- Contribute to the consolidation of EU expert views on emerging and challenging topics relevant to innovative therapies and technologies, flagging issues that need regulatory guidance and support
- Promote the involvement and collaboration of HMA on the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) projects
- Address specific topics at request of HMAs and EMA Scientific Committees.
EU-IN Members and Representatives
- The EU-IN is composed of representatives of AT, BE, CZ, DE-PEI, DE-BfArm, DK, ES, FI, FR, HU, IE, IT, MT, NL, PT, SE, UK and EMA.
New members may join.
- Chair:Esa Heinonen, Fimea, FI
- Co-chair: Marisa Papaluca-Amati, EMA
- EMA provides the secretariat for the EU-IN.
Key documents list