The Heads of Medicines Agencies (HMA) Management Group, as endorsed during the Irish Presidency in 2004, has as its main objectives the co-ordination and facilitation of the operation of HMA, and the supervision and management of the HMA Permanent Secretariat.
The current composition of the HMA Management Group is:
- Aginus A.W. Kalis (Medicines Evaluation Board, The Netherlands), as Chairperson
- Inguna Adovica (State Agency of Medicines, Republic of Latvia)
- Xavier De Cuyper (Federal Agency for Medicines and Healthcare Products, Belgium)
- Thomas Heberer (BVL, Germany)
- Peter Borriello (VMD, United Kingdom)
The current Presidency (until 30th June 2013 incl.) is held by Ireland and is represented by Pat O'Mahony, Irish Medicines Board.
HMA Permanent Secretariat
The Permanent Secretariat (HMA PS) shall facilitate and support the work of HMA, HMA MG and the EU Presidency by ensuring co-ordination, consistency and continuity of their work and activities and providing the collective memory of HMA in order to be an efficient and effective partner in the European network.
Best Practice Guide for the Permanent Secretariat Support to the HMA Management Group (latest update: January 2013)
In case of queries, please contact:
Heads of Medicines Agencies Permanent Secretariat,
c/o Irish Medicines Board,
Earlsfort Centre, Earlsfort Terrace,
Dublin 2, Ireland,
(Information updated August 2013)