Welcome to The Heads of Medicines Agencies website
This is the common website for the human and veterinary medicines authorities in the EEA (European Economic Area). This website has two channels available:
The Heads of Member States Competent Authorities will meet regularly to provide a focus for leadership within the Community System of Medicines Regulation, and to provide a forum for the exchange of views on issues of Community interest. In particular the Group will:
- Provide support to the Community system through provision of professional and scientific resource of high quality.
- Formulate a balanced view on the operation of the European procedures and their resource implications for the Member States Agencies.
- Provide leadership and an overview of the Mutual Recognition procedure within the European system.
- Devise and deliver practical solutions to problems emerging within the system which affect Member States as they arise.
- Provide a mechanism for communicating the views of Member States competent authorities with the Commission and with the EMEA.
- The Group will normally meet twice in each presidency, with the Chair passing to that Member State which has the presidency, and with the Secretariat provided by that Member State. If circumstances prevent this then the Member States will agree a Chairperson and Secretariat amongst themselves. Responsibility for continuity rests with the Heads of Agencies of the Member States corresponding at that time to the holders of the previous, current and next presidency.
The national authorities for UK are: